Fund Raising Ideas
The following list presents fund raising ideas pulled
together by Barbara Hautanen who has many years of fund raising experience
in support of the Youth on Mission activities.
- Dinner with speaker
- Dinner with program put on by mission team/Speaker
- Dinner/Auction with speaker
- Slave auction
- Live auction with donated items
- Silent auction with donated items
- If you choose to have a dinner, always cover the
cost of the food with pre-sold tickets. This way you will know how many
to expect and you will not lose money on food.
- It is much less time consuming to have a local restaurant
cater your event.
- Invite a speaker with a heart for mission. Ask God
to help you discern whom you should ask.
- Plastic is good – no washing!
- Involve the team members in serving.
- Everyone needs to be prepared to talk about the upcoming
trip in case they are asked.
- Intercessory Prayer letters. Send to friends, neighbors,
church members explaining what your plans are and asking them to pray
for you and your team. This would be one way for those people that have
a heart for mission, but cannot go on the trip themselves, to be involved.
Always ask for a donation.
- Follow up with presentation when you return home
from the mission trip.
- Sometimes big corporations will match your funds
raised up to a certain dollar amount. Make some calls.
- Have fun through all phases of the activity.
Black Tie Dinner and Auction
Each year St. Vincent's School organizes a very elegant
night out that is fun and results in major fund raising. Their main focus
is raising money for investment in the school but also share a portion
of the proceeds with mission outreach programs such as the St. Vincent's
Vision Clinic, La Gran Familia, and the Cooks Children's Medical Center
This is an event that many people look forward to eagerly
for a chance to dress up and feel good about spending money on a worthy